Also by this author: The Program, The Treatment, The Remedy
Published by To The Stars on October 6, 2015
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Science Fiction
Source: Book Tour
From the critically acclaimed transmedia project Poet Anderson: The Dream Walker, comes one of the most anticipated collaborations in YA literature this year: a thrilling, edge of your seat story written by award-winning musician, producer and director Tom DeLonge and New York Times bestselling author Suzanne Young.
Poet Anderson...Of Nightmares follows the epic journey of two orphan brothers, Jonas and Alan, who are Lucid Dreamers. After a tragic car accident lands Alan in a coma, Jonas sets out into the Dream World in an attempt to find his brother and wake him up. What he discovers instead is an entire shared consciousness where fear comes to life as a snarling beast called a Night Terror, and a creature named REM is bent on destruction and misery, devouring the souls of the strongest dreamers to get closer to the Waking World. With the help of a Dream Walker—a guardian of the dreamscape, Jonas must face his fears, save his brother, and become who he was always meant to be: Poet Anderson.
My Favorite Quotes
I love quotes. So to find so many beautifully-written and imaginative lines is a wonderful thing. Here are some of my favorite quotes from this book:
- He was surrounded by love, and he used that power to create.
- “I love this old tree,” Alan said, running his hand over the twisted bark of its trunk as he stood at a striking tree that had sprouted in a field of tall grass. It was a tree they’d discovered one time while camping on the coast. Alan had brought it into the dreamscape because it was gnarled and crooked in the most imperfect and beautiful way.
- That as the thing about dreams: there was no sense of time—everything was infinite. You could be running late forever, never catching up. You could become best friends in an instant. So when Poet first met Sketch and Gunner on that train, it was like he’d always known them.
- “Am I shocking you, Poet?” she asked.
“No,” he said, shaking his head. “It’s just that I’m already madly in love with you…Things move fast in the Dream World.”
- “Me and her?” Poet asked innocently. “Well, I didn’t borrow her pen if that’s what you’re really asking.” [Lol. If you read the book, you’d get it]
- A dream is a dream is a dream, Poet thought. And I control my dreams.
Suzanne Young is the New York Times bestselling author of The Program series. Originally from Utica, New York, Suzanne moved to Arizona to pursue her dream of not freezing to death. She is a novelist and an English teacher, but not always in that order. Suzanne is the author of THE PROGRAM, THE TREATMENT, THE REMEDY, and HOTEL RUBY.