October is, well, Oct-over. Bahahaha, I’ve told this joke like three times and I’m hoping you readers will be the first to appreciate it. But seriously, what the heck. It’s now November. And it’s supposed to snow this week. Snow. Good thing I got myself some hot chocolate.
But October wasn’t all that exciting. I read a lot of books. I did a lot of homework. I cried in anticipation of my workload in November (not really). And that’s all I did. Really, not a lot. Those 31 days just flew by.
BUT November is bound to be exciting. Because first of all, my brother is getting married this month! This week, actually. Friday, to be exact. And my entire family is coming up from Indiana for it. And if you don’t know. I’m currently 1,500 miles away from said home and family and so I don’t get to see them often. So this will be nice. And I’ll get to see my favorite person ever: my nephew.
OH, cute story time. My dad texted me this picture a few weeks ago. My parents were babysitting little Ian—my nephew—and my dad heard him talking in the next room. He finds him like this, pointing to my senior pictures, and saying “Narli, Narli, Narli” (I usually go by Carli, if you didn’t know). I LITERALLY CRIED. It’s hard being away from him because he’s so young and I’m always afraid he’s going to forget who I am. But this touched by heart. Oh dear, I love him so. And I’ll see him in five days. I can’t wait. And to see everyone else, too. Of course.
Now, let’s get down to business. I read a lot of books this month:
Pages Read This Month: 5,153
Pages Read This Year: 27,155
Books Read This Month: 16
Books Read This Year: 86
This was a sloooooow review month, which I was totally fine with actually.
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy (4/5)
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Re-read 4/5)
- The Martian by Andy Weir (4.5/5)
- The Book of Life By Angel by Martine Leavitt (5/5) – EVERYONE SHOULD READ THIS.
Everything Else I Wrote
- My October TBR – See how I added up to my TBR…aka not super well.
- Let’s Talk Movies: The Visit
- Let’s Talk: Emily Owens, M.D. – This show got me thinking in an interesting way…
- New Blog Design! – Guys, I got a new blog design!! djsadoijDjsaidaosjdsadsoa
- Horror-fying Books: What if these well-known books were horror novels? – I participated in Great Imagination’s Blogger Trick or Treat and it was so fun!
- Top Ten Tuesday
Let’s see what November has in store for us!