I’m so excited to feature The Book Bratz, the hosts of the Summer Blogger Promo Tour! These two seem so spunky and awesome. It makes me wish I started my blog with my best friend. Except most of my friends don’t really read that much, so that might not work out that well. Anyways, they decided to write about ten things they didn’t know before they started book blogging.
Who They Are
Amber & Jessica are both high school girls and longtime good friends. They started The Book Bratz back in 2014 and spent all of their free time reading and fangirling about books. Some of their favorite activities include reading, writing, sleeping, eating, and texting (duh). Today, The Book Bratz and its followers have grown tremendously and they’re super excited to be the co-hosts of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour! Drop on by to www.thebookbratz.blogspot.com and say hi – it’s always a good time!
10 Things They Didn’t Know Before They Started Blogging
- The ARCs come slow at first, and then you receive them at the speed of an avalanche and your TBR pile never ends. EVER.
- Twitter is an important asset – it keeps the traffic flow at your blog steady.
- You make so many awesome blogger friends! Seriously, we had no idea we would form such lasting friendships with so many people. We love it!
- Memes! We didn’t know much about them when we started the blog at all, and they were fun to explore and start participating in.
- You become on a first-name basis with a lot of super famous authors that you’ve idolized forever. Seriously – if you’re someone that gets easily starstruck, you’ll be wowed every single day with the publishers and authors you speak to. It’s awesome!
- Reading will take over your life. Then no matter how much you read you will never out a dent in your TBR pile.
- Blogging is hard. It may not seem like it at first, but when you become more dedicated to it and learn the ropes you will literally be like: “Oh shit! I have this, this and this to do.”
- No one will tell you how to write an ARC inquiry letter, and when you do write that perfect letter a publisher may not respond to you. It is frustrating.
- Bloggers are actually nice! We seem intimidating sometimes but come and say Hi! We don’t bite!
- It is actually a lot of fun!
Ah, I love your list! I’m a really new book blogger (within the last six months) so I feel for a lot of these things. Like I haven’t received a physical ARC yet…but mostly because I’m too intimidated by the publishers and my small follower number to try it out. Also the author thing! Probably my favorite part. And I’m not on first name basis with any authors yet, but I always freak out when one of my favorite authors favorite or retweet me. Seriously, I squeal inside…and sometimes out loud.
Thanks so much for hosting the tour Book Bratz! I’m so glad to get to know you guys!