I love, love, love Parks and Rec. It’s probably my favorite show ever. And it gives me a reason to feel cool when I say that I’m from Indiana (and, no, unfortunately Pawnee is not a real city). The series just ended a month or two ago (*tear*) so I decided to start from the beginning and rewatch the episodes. The first season is hilarious and I love the characters so much. I think that’s my favorite part of the show…that I love every character even though they’re all so different. They just work together.
Anyways, here are my thoughts as I watched the first season:
- “You know, I like to tell people, get on board and buckle up.Because my ride is gonna be a big one. And if you get motion sickness, put your head between your knees because Leslie Knope is stopping for no one.” PERFECT BEGINNING QUOTE.
- Wow, Donna looks so unDonny and not fabulous.
- “What I hear when I get yelled at is people caring loudly at me.” Oh my, I love her.
- Ah, the moment of meeting Anne Perkins. “I’m a nurse and frankly I don’t care about politics.” *applause*
- Oh my gosh. I forgot Tom was married. But he’s hitting on Anne and this is bringing back so many memories.
- Haha, I forgot about Mark Brandanowitz too. Leslie has such a crush on him! “You crazy ol’ Polish person!”
- “Is it likely? No, not really. Is it possible?…Nope, I’d give up on that one.”
- Anne talking about Leslie: “I don’t know. She’s a little doofy but she’s sweet.” Ah, the beginning of a best friendship.
- “I will do whatever it takes to get this park done…even if it takes two months.” -Anne. Oh, if only she knew…
Episode Two: Just noticed it says “Guest Starring: Chris Pratt” in the opening credits. Did they not mean for him to be in the whole show? He’s like my favorite character so that’s interesting.
- Oh, she’s so jealous because she loves Mark. If only she knew Ben was coming. I MISS BEN.
- I would like to know how Anne and Andy got together in the first place. They seem like they wouldn’t ever like each other.
- WHAT THE HECK DONNA. Why do you look like this? Who are you? Treat yo’ self and become the Donna I know and love.
Episode Six: I forgot about Mark falling in the pit. Hahahaha. Well, I really just forgot about Mark completely. But, oh well.
This show is wonderful. What do you guys think about it?